Casafabrica Constructions Pty Ltd recognise that your privacy is very important and we are committed to protecting personal information we collect from you. The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), Australian Privacy Principles and registered privacy codes govern the way in which we must manage your personal information.
This policy outlines our on-going obligations to you in respect of how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage personal information about you and your project.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
1. Collection of Personal Information
1.1 – Types of information collected
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you, and is relevant to providing you with the services or products you are seeking. This personal information may include details such as :
- Email Address
- Telephone number
- Products and services, you are interested in or require more information about.
If you request services from us we may also request your preferences for receiving further marketing or promotional material.
We seek this information either to process your request for information and provide that information to you, to improve the quality of our services or to assist you and our Project team to determine which products and services best meet your needs for your project.
1.2 – Method of collection
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, interviews, correspondence, over the internet, our website www.casafabrica.com.au, our Project Manager Platform Buildertrend, your website, via email, by telephone, from media an publications. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties acting on your behalf (for instance, providers).
We also collect information from potential clients and visitors (persons registering their details with us through our website, on the IEstimate section) for the purpose of improving our quality, accuracy and effectiveness of our services. We welcome feedback from you about all aspects of our website and other internet platforms. We store feedback that users send to us. This feedback is used to administer and improve our services.
There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfil the request of your Project, e.g., to ship an order.
1.3 – Purpose of collection
We collect, use and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- Providing our services to you, to respond your inquiries and fulfil your requests.
- Management of products or services in regards your Project;
- To send administrative information to you in regards your Project and Casafabrica;
- involving you in your project and other initiatives undertaken by us;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
- analysing our services and customer needs with a view to improving those services.
1.4 – Failure to provide information
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or to our Project Team, the necessary resources to develop your project in an effective way.
1.5 – Internet users
This information assists us to make our sites more useful to you.
2. Sensitive information
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
3. How do we use and disclose Personal Information?
Generally, we only use or disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). We may disclose personal information about you to:
- The Project team or consultants to facilitate our and their internal business processes and systems;
- third party service providers who assist us in operating our business and your project. These providers may be based in the USA or use infrastructure located in the USA to perform services for us.
- By giving us your personal information, you consent to the disclosure of this information.
- By consenting to the disclosure of your information, Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply and you agree that we do have to take reasonable steps to ensure the information is treated in accordance with the APPs.
- Where required or authorised by law
4. Security of your information
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and electronic format. We take precautions and reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to ensure the security of all information we collect from risks such as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data. For example, your personal information is maintained in a secure environment which can be accessed only by authorised personnel of Casafabrica.
5. Access and correction of personal information
You may request access to your personal information collected through our website or Buildertrend at any time. If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the information we hold about you or your project is incorrect, incomplete or out of date, please advise us and we will update it. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date. If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with a written notice that sets out the reasons for our refusal.
6. Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of linked websites. It is your responsibility to investigate the privacy policies of those other sites.
7. Retention period
We will retain your personal Information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
8. Changes to this Privacy Statement
9. Complaints and feedback
If you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the Privacy Act, Australian Privacy Principles or a privacy code that applies to us, please contact us as set out below and we will take reasonable steps to investigate the complaint and respond to you. If you are not happy with our response, you may complain directly to the federal Information Commissioner.
Email address: [email protected]